Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday Brigham!

Brigham had his birthday on Saturday. He got to have his daddy home for his birthday which was the best present of all. Unfortunately, he was not feeling great this weekend so I didn't get a whole lot of happy looking pictures of him, but we celebrated the best we could under the circumstances. We went to Hyrum and had a little party at Uncle Josh's house. It was nice to see Ben's family and spend some time with them before we're off to AZ.Brigham and Rachel spotted this motocross cake in a recent Family Fun magazine. As soon as they saw it, they came running in to the kitchen and said "Mom! You HAVE to make this cake for Brigham's birthday!" So Brigham has been carrying the picture of this cake around for the last month and telling everyone that it was "his birthday cake". The page actually got torn out of the magazine so that he was just carrying that around and one night it got ripped and Brigham started crying, saying "Eliza ripped my birthday cake!" So basically, there was no getting around making the motorcycle cake...
This cape I saw on the internet was just too cute so even though Brig has no idea who Superman and Batman are I just had to make it for him. He also got some little Imaginex superhero figurines. He calls the Superman "super-guy".

1 comment:

Toots said...

Wow, Mistie, that cake is amazing. Is there nothing you can't do? I am so impressed! I think Seth would LOVE a cake like this. Was it hard to frost? I will keep this in mind for his next b-day. Happy birthday to Brigham! I am so glad it was a good day for him. I hope he's feeling better though.