Friday, June 17, 2011

Girl's Camp

I had an awesome time at Girl's Camp! It was my first experience going as a leader and I think I enjoyed it just as much as I did as a girl. Not only did I have a blast hanging out with the girls from the branch, but it was also such a spiritual boost and I returned home to my family with my cup full. It was so fun to see our girls having so much fun and bonding together as a branch. We did end up having to leave a day earlier than expected due to a forest fire. We could see the smoke all week and knew that the fire was creeping closer to the camp everyday. On Thursday night right after dinner with the bishops we were forced to evacuate the camp. The girls were so great though and everyone worked together cheerfully to get us out of there in just a couple of hours.

1 comment:

Toots said...

Mistie,
I bet the girls LOVE you as their leader in YW! You would be so great! It looks like you had such a good time at camp.
How was the Wasatch Back this year for Ben?