Monday, December 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Rachel!

Today was Rachel's 4th birthday and I just have to say that Rachel is such a fun, spunky, sweet little girl to have around and I am so grateful that she is a part of our family. But, I have to admit that as the 3rd child in our family Rachel has not always gotten the greatest of birthday celebrations. Not to mention the fact that her birthday happens to fall during one of the busiest times of the year. Anyway, this became painstakingly obvious when I was organizing my pictures last summer and I realized that we have a total of TWO pictures of Rachel's birthdays. So this year I was bound and determined to make a big deal out of her birthday and really make it special. And I was going to take lots and lots of pictures. So today, after decorating her mermaid cake, Rachel and I spent the afternoon together having lunch at McDonald's and playing at the Treehouse Children's Museum. Then we had a fun party this evening with my parents and brother, Mic. You can tell she's not used to getting so much attention because she was positively beaming all day. And I did take lots of cute pictures which I am going to make into a slide show to post on my blog as soon as I figure out how. Here are some of the highlights:

2 comments:

mom said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! We love you!

Heather said...

She is so cute. What a doll! Glad she got the royal treatment!