Thursday, December 31, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Well our Christmas was very busy, which explains why it has taken so long to get this on our blog. My family was all together for the holidays and we spent about five continuous days with them which was a lot of fun and kind of exhausting! It was nice to get to spend so much time with my brothers and sisters-in-law and also for the kids to hang out with their cousins.

A couple of days before Christmas, we went to a live nativity that is put on by a family out west of Ogden. It was pretty neat with real live sheep, goats, donkeys and llamas.We spent a lot of time hanging out at my parents house,

playing in the snow,and enjoying cousin time.On Christmas Eve, we had a really fun time dressing up and acting out the nativity story. We haven't done this in the past because most of the cousins were too young. This year we decided we would dress everyone up, including most of the adults and everyone agreed that this should be a new tradition in our family.
We had our own little Christmas early in the morning before heading back over to my parents house for more family time. I was probably almost as excited as the kids were for Christmas morning. It's so fun to see how excited they get!

My sister spent the night so she got to witness all the excitement.
And here we all are! We tried to get a good group picture to hang on the wall so that my parents could take down the old one that had my brother's old girlfriend in it (his wife really appreciated that). Like my dad holding the camera remote?

2 comments:

Toots said...

Wow, I can't believe how big your family is! I wish that my family would have all wanted to get a big picture like that taken on Christmas, but sadly, we didn't.
I bet you had such a good time with all of your brothers in town and their families--lots of cousin time..how great! I am always sad when the holidays are over because then everyone goes home. It looks like your kids had a great Christmas morning! It was fun to talk to you a bit yesterday.

ErinB said...

Cute family picture Mistie! I laughed out loud about the girlfriend and the remote. This caused my husband to say that he can fix that remote problem if you would like. He can do amazing things with photoshop. It's his job :-) He would do it for free for you though!