Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Emma's Piano Recital

I have been such a slacker lately with my blog, but I am forcing myself to do this post of Emma's piano recital last Thursday. In my defense, besides having to deal with the everyday nausea and fatigue of pregnancy, I have had a stomach flu, cold, sinus infection and now another cold in the past month basically turning me into a useless lump who sits around on the couch all day. (Yes, that was a shameless plug for some sympathy, although it might be my husband who deserves the sympathy!)

Emma has been taking piano lessons from her grandma for a year now and I think she's doing very well. She doesn't always love practicing, but she doesn't want to quit yet so, hopefully, she'll keep it up!

Here she is with my mom after the recital.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Sorry you are not feeling well! I am not pregnant but man, I have been sooooooo tired lately. I would come sit with you and be a bum with you if I lived in Utah!

Toots said...

Mistie,
I am sorry you are not feeling well too. It's so hard when we Moms are sick, isn't it?
I need to do something to help you...
Emma is such a pretty girl. That is a neat opportunity for her to take lessons from her Grandma...my daughter took lessons from her Grandma for a year too, but after that she quit. I hope Emma keeps up longer! It is a special thing.
How do you arrange for recitals anyhow?

Sunshine Designed said...

Hang in there! I know the joys of pregnancy are few and far between until the little bundle arrives! Just keep reminding yourself that you've done it four times already and have survived!

mom said...

Great job, Emma! We are proud of you!

Eve said...

Emma that's a great job! You're so pretty.