Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Baptism and a blessing

Emma has been looking forward to her baptism day for a long time and it just happened to work out that we were able to bless Hazel the same day! Thanks to all our friends and family who were able to share this special day with us!

Since Emma was the only child being baptized in our ward this month, we got to plan the whole program. I did a special spotlight all about Emma, each of her grandpas gave a talk, and she chose to sing "When I Am Baptized" with some of her friends from the neighborhood. Ben was feeling very proud and a little emotional as he baptized his little girl. Emma was so cute after she was confirmed. She said, "I was just crying the whole time because I was so happy!" I am so proud of her and I can hardly believe that she's growing up so fast!
Hazel Jane was blessed by her daddy immediately following the baptism. He did a great job!
We had lunch at our house after the baptism and the girls got a chance to hang out with their cousins, Sammy and Celeste.All in all, a great day!

3 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

What a special time for your family! Beautiful little girls!!!!

Toots said...

Hi Mistie,
I was so happy to come and be part of Emma's baptism and Hazel's blessing. What a special day, for sure! Wow, I still can't get over Emma's beautiful dress you made. I just think the world of women who know how to sew! She looked so pretty in white. I loved your spotlight on Emma too. What fun to learn more about your family. You guys are so great! Ben did a very good job that day too.

Eve said...

Hazel is so beautiful and sweet. Hope you're doing well with your early weeks with new baby. Love you all.