Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sewing day

My kids are out of school until the 10th we had some time to kill this week. The girls have been asking me to teach them to sew for a long time so we did our first sewing project: a blanket and pillow for their new dolls. They were thrilled to get to use the sewing machine and we had a fun day!Brigham was feeling left out so we (quickly) made a rocket ship pillow for Buzz. (Please excuse the horribly dirty shirt. We weren't caring about what we looked like that day.)

2 comments:

Toots said...

Mistie, how fun for your girls to learn to sew! I love how you can teach them and make the time to do it AND have the patience to do so. :) Karina is enjoying her sewing class she takes from Kelly Barnes. Right now, they are making hand puppets. Do the girls enjoy playing dolls together? I wish Karina and Julia did more...Julia would rather not play but Karina LOVES dolls still. :)

Sunshine Designed said...

This picture of buzz happy on his rocket pillow, just made my day! Aspen has been begging for a sewing day. Since you survived, I might give it a try!