Sunday, January 23, 2011

Update on the Spanish Branch

People are always asking me how things are going in the Spanish Branch and I'm happy to report that it is going great. The branch is growing so much right now and it is a very exciting thing to get to be involved in. We have met some wonderful people there and there are lots of opportunites to serve and help the branch grow and thrive. I am enjoying serving in the YW presidency along with my sister-in-law, Nikki. There is lots of work to be done there and I am enjoying getting to know the young women in our ward and figure how I can help them deal with the many challenges that they face in their lives. Today was a great day because Ben was sustained to be on the high council representing the Kimball Spanish Branch. It will be such a great opportunity for him to grow and learn from some of the great leaders in our stake. He is nervous, but I know he will do a great job! The branch presidency was reorganized today as well and our good friend, Luke Arbizo, was sustained as the new branch president. He is a great person and very humble and he will be a great leader for the branch. Being in the branch has already proved to be a great blessing to our family and I'm so grateful for the opportunity!

1 comment:

Toots said...

I keep forgetting you guys are part of this branch. How wonderful that you've felt the blessings come from serving here. And is your sis-in-law in your ward? Well, I guess so if she's in YW with you. Did she and your brother move into your neighborhood?