Thursday, July 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Hazel and Ben!

We had a joint birthday party on Tuesday night for Hazel and Ben. Their birthdays are July 27 and 28 so it just made sense to have one big party for both of them. I'm thinking Hazel may want her own party when she gets older, but since she's only 1 I thought I could get away with it. Ben says that he is happy to share his birthday because that means less attention on him, but I'm not sure I believe him. When his co-workers found out about his birthday a few weeks ago, he was a little put out, but I think he actually enjoyed the extra attention he got at work. They even decorated his office, brought him treats and had a birthday lunch in his honor. Hazel was actually feeling a little under the weather, having had a fever and cut a tooth in the last couple of days, but she is so good-natured that she still played with her gifts a little and smiled for the camera. We had David and Ruth's clan over for pizza and cake and presents and it was a nice little get-together.

We had cupcakes for Hazel and cheesecake, of course, for Ben. Hazel was not really into blowing out the candles, but Ben blew his out very enthusiastically.Hazel had some help from her big brother opening presents.For some reason Ben has really wanted a pair of cowboy boots ever since we moved here, but they are pretty pricey so he hasn't gotten any yet. So for his birthday, a bunch of us pitched in on a gift card to the Boot Barn in Tucson. Yeehaw!

3 comments:

Toots said...

These are great pictures. I didn't realize Hazel and Ben's birthdays were so close. I can't belive Hazel is already 1!!! It seems like you were pregnant with her and you were anxious for her arrival. She is such a sweetheart. I'll always be glad you let me watch her one time. So, did Ben shave his head? And why? Just wondered.

mistie said...

Yes, Ben shaved his head. Silly boy, he likes to do that from time to time. I don't know why, most guys would give their right arm to have a nice thick head of hair like he does!

Heather said...

That is hilarious! Now we need a pic of him in his new boots!