Friday, August 28, 2009

Hazel Jane: 1 month old

Hazel is one month old today. This little girl is so sweet and so loved by her whole family. She is becoming more awake now than she was the first couple of weeks and it is now a little easier to get a picture of her beautiful dark blue eyes. She is already looking less and less like a newborn and it is so fun to see her get a little chub. Her sisters love to dress her and put cute little bows in her hair--sometimes they even change her diapers! Emma and Eliza were both spit up on recently and it was so funny to see their reaction--"Ew! Mom get it off of me!". Ben was saying the other day when Hazel was a little fussy that she was getting spoiled, but how can you not spoil such a sweet baby?

Here's that hair I've been talking about. None of our other kids had nearly this much hair. The second picture is a close up of the cute little curls she has after her bath. I haven't figured out how to get them to stay--any ideas?

2 comments:

Toots said...

Wow, I can't believe she's a month old already! It seems like you are really handling 5 kids so well! Just amazing. I don't think I could do it quite as well! Little Hazel is so pretty. I sure had a good time holding her the other night. Her little curls are so cute...I don't have a clue how to keep them there though.
Your musical number was so pretty in church yesterday. :)

Micah and Jen said...

Koryn has curls too. I use a gel from Sally's beauty salon that is for straight or curly hair so it isn't stiff and it keeps the curls in. It's from Beyond the Zone. It's blue. It's cute and fun to have babies with hair huh? She is getting soooo big already!!!