Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It's great to be eight!

Emma turned eight on August 10th. (Am I really old enough to have an eight-year old?) We've all been looking forward to this birthday for a long time. I am so proud of Emma and the fact that she is so looking forward to getting baptized. She is such a good girl and tries so hard to do the right things. She is also a big help to me especially since the new baby arrived. It's exciting to see the young woman that she is becoming.
It's been kind of crazy around here so we kept the day pretty simple. Emma and I went to lunch at Golden Corral (her pick) and she got to go to her very first activity day. We had cake with Grandma and Grandpa Shelton that night which Emma made mostly by herself with just a little help from me. We're saving the big celebration for her baptism day on September 5th and we are hoping to bless Hazel the same day so that everyone who wants to can be there for both events. It will be a very special day!

I was looking at pictures of Emma from last year and noticing how much she has grown in the past year. She's gone from the toothless seven-year-old.....to full blown tween!

2 comments:

Toots said...

Emma you are a very pretty girl!
What fun to turn 8! Mistie,
you are so good to be posting these fun pics when you have a newborn to take care of. I am sure Emma is such a big help to you! That is wonderful. I love the idea of you being able to have a baptism and blessing on the same day. Lovely, lovely idea!

mistie said...

mom why did you have to post THAT picture