Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Welcome Hazel Jane!

We are pleased to announce the arrival of Hazel Jane Barfus!
Born: July 28, 2009
Time: 12:27 p.m.
Weight: 7 pounds 8 ounces
Length: 19 1/2 inches
I have to admit I was really torn the last couple of weeks before delivering because my brother was getting married 5 days before my due date and I really wanted to be there, but I also really wanted to have this baby so that I wouldn't have to be pregnant anymore. When it came right down to it, my midwife said that it probably wouldn't be in my best interest to travel to Provo that close to my due date and that our best bet would be to induce at the earliest day possible (39 weeks) and hope that everything went off without a hitch so that I could still make it to the wedding two days later. So we went in Tuesday morning at 8:00 a.m. to be induced and our sweet little Hazel was born 4 1/2 hours later. Everything went according to the plan and I was actually in the Mount Timpanogas temple on Thursday morning! Yay! And I am so happy that I am not pregnant anymore! Double yay!
Here are the kids holding their new baby sister a few hours after she was born. More pics to come!

1 comment:

Micah and Jen said...

YOU ARE AMAZING!!!! I couldn't believe when I saw you at the temple....looking might fine too I might add! :) You are wonder woman! :) And Hazel is just gorgeous!!!!